Tokyo revengers live action film gets hit on box office. More than 2.7 million tickets sold.
‘Tokyo Revengers’ live action film based on manga written by ‘Ken Wakui’ has earned a gross total of 3,598,000,000 ¥ (approx. US $32.94 million). The film has sold more than 2.7 million tickets so far.
The film has exceeded the box office revenue total of ‘I want to eat your pancreas’ (earned ¥ 3.54 billion).
The film was supposed to release in Japan October last year, but was delayed to 2021 due to the effects of the spread COVID 19. The movie was directed by Tsutomu Hanabusa. Rock band SUPER BEAVER performed the film’s theme song “Namae o Yobu yo” (I’ll Call Your Name).
Wakui launched the manga in Kodansha’s Weekly Shōnen Magazine in March 2017. Kodansha Comics is publishing the manga digitally in English. The manga is also adapted into the anime series too.
Fans upset over Tokyo revengers animation. Read here.
Here is cast for the movie:
- Takumi Kitamura – Takemichi Hanagaki
- Yuki Yamada – Ken Ryuguji
- Yosuke Sugino – Naoto Tachibana
- Mio Imada – Hinata Tachibana
- Nobuyuki Suzuki – Masataka Shimizu
- Gordon Maeda – Takashi Mitsuya
- Hayato Isomura – Atsushi Sendo
- Shotaro Mamiya – Tetta Kisaki
- Ryo Yoshizawa – Manjiro Sano
- Hiroya Shimizu – Shuji Hanma
- Kazuki Horike – Haruki Hayashida
- Yoshiki Minato as Nobutake Osanai
Takemichi Hanagaki leads an awful working adult life: he lives in a crappy apartment with thin walls, he’s a virgin, and his six-years-younger boss treats him like an idiot. And then he learns that his former school girlfriend Hinata Tachibana, the only girl he ever loved, has been killed by a street gang. Suddenly, he travels in time back to his middle school days. To save Hinata, and to change the life he spent running away, hopeless Takemichi must aim for the top of the Kanto region’s most sinister delinquent gang.